You have exceeded your shopping time limit and your shopping cart has been emptied.
Helping Homes, an on-going community service project of Reston Association, provides exterior home repair assistance to RA members who are who are elderly, disabled or financially challenged and are unable to make those repairs through their own resources. This project helps homeowners maintain their homes and in turn ensures that the community and its neighborhoods remain attractive and well-kept. In 2016, the Helping Homes project has provided assistance to four Reston homeowners.
• Homeowners requesting assistance must submit an application including (income and homeownership verification)
• The homeowners gross household income may not exceed $72,000 annually
• The total combined net assets of owners of the dwelling and of the spouse of any owner who resides in the dwelling may not be greater than $340,000, not including
the value of the home, its furnishings and the homesite (up to 1 acre of land).
• Must be a Reston Association member
• Must have owned the home for a minimum of five years and have no intent to move or sell home over the next two years
• Must present documented proof of need (illness, unemployment, lack of income, etc.)
• Rentals and home businesses do not qualify
• Homes currently in a foreclosure process do not qualify
• Credit report will be run by Helping Homes
• Applicant may be interviewed
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be reviewed as they are received by Reston Association. For more information on how you can support Helping Homes, please download the Helping Homes brochure located in the top of the right column on this page or contact Anna Varone at email@example.com.