Read about Junior Lifeguarding in Reston magazine.
Ages: 13-15 by Sept. 30, 2014
Staff Ratio: At least one staff member for every five campers
Have you ever wondered where some of our lifeguards got their start? You guessed it! Junior Lifeguarding, the fun summer camp for teens ages 13 to 15, where you learn what it takes to become a professional lifeguard. Junior Lifeguarding is back and ready for new, excited participants.
Date: July 14-25
One two-week session
Time: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Location: RA headquarters and Golf Course Island Pool
Fee: RA Members – $250/session
Non-members – $300/session
Go to SHOP RA to register online.
Teens will …
- Train side-by-side with American Red Cross certified instructors.
- Develop communication and decision-making skills.
- Gain valuable skills to help pass the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training course.
- Meet RA aquatics staff.
“I appreciated that they are being prepared to take the certification.”
Scuba Seal Team For Kids
Ages: 8 –12
To register contact Master Scuba Diving Trainer, Frank Wilson, at 571-437-5189 or e-mail Frank@Deep-Blue-Scuba.com.
Visit www.deep-blue-scuba.com for more information.
Staff Ratio: At least one staff member per four seal team candidates
Please note: Medical history screening and basic swimming skills required.
In addition, candidates are provided the highest quality SCUBA equipment to ensure their safety and comfort during the training.
Seal Team Candidates will …
- Develop the skills for scuba diving.
- Earn Seal Team Membership.
- Participate in exciting, activity-filled Aqua Missions.
- Learn different activities that involve scuba skills.
- Receive recognition for each successful Aqua Mission.
- Enjoy swim time in RA pools.
This structured program, developed by the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (the world’s leading diver training agency) blends science and sport to develop safe diving skills for a lifetime of under water adventure.