Reston Association is an authorized provider of American Red Cross programs. We offer lifeguard and instructor training in the spring and summer as well as CPR/First Aid classes for the individual in fall and winter months. Custom classes for organizations can also be arranged.
Registration is open now. Classes require six students. Go to Shop RA to register.
Lifeguard Certification (for new lifeguards)
Please see our Fact Sheet on the right and view the detailed class schedules below.
Lifeguard Recertification (for previously certified lifeguards)
All American Red Cross lifeguards whose certifications expire this year are eligible to re-certify with a 7-hour course that will review CPR/AED and First Aid skills as well as practice in-water rescue techniques under the supervision of a certified instructor. The course is offered in a one day format as well as split over two days.
Location: All classes are split between the Reston Association headquarters, 12001 Sunrise Valley Drive and various Reston pools. Students are responsible for their own transportation between locations during the one-day courses.
Certifications earned: Lifeguarding, First Aid, and CPR/AED for Lifeguards (all valid 2 years)
- May 4, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. HQ and Ridge Heights
- May 10, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. HQ and Ridge Heights
- May 12-13, 3:30-7 p.m. HQ and North Shore
- May 14-15, 5:30-9 p.m. HQ and Ridge Heights
- May 19-20, 3:30-7 p.m. HQ and Ridge Heights
- May 22-23, 5:30-9 p.m. HQ and North Shore
- (Canceled) May 23, 10 a.m.-5p.m HQ and Ridge Heights
- May 28-29, 5:30-9 p.m. HQ and North Shore
- May 31, 10 a.m.-5 p.m HQ and Ridge Heights
- June 3-4, 3:30-7 p.m. HQ and North Shore
- June 7, 10 a.m.-5 p.m HQ and Ridge Heights
- June 9-10, 3-6:30 p.m. HQ and Ridge Heights
- June 18-19, 3-6:30 p.m. HQ and North Shore
- June 21, 10 a.m.-5 p.m HQ and Dogwood*
- June 22, 10 a.m.-5 p.m HQ and Dogwood*
- July 8, 10 a.m.-5 p.m HQ and Dogwood*
- July 17, 10 a.m.-5 p.m HQ and Dogwood*
- July 28, 10 a.m.-5 p.m HQ and Dogwood*
*Dogwood Pool is just under one mile from the headquarters and the instructor will walk with any students.
Details coming soon.
If you’re interested in becoming a Water Safety Instructor or Lifeguard Instructor please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.