Phase I: Planning the Rail to Dulles
Phase II: Reston Village Centers
Twenty-four members of a special study task force, appointed by Fairfax County Supervisor, Cathy Hudgins, are reviewing and updating the Reston Master Plan. According to Hudgins, the review process began three years ago and is led by the Fairfax County Department of Planning and Zoning. The task force is in the process of gathering ideas designed to guide the community’s growth and development for the next 30-40 years.
Reston will be a complete community designed for the 21st century. An increasingly diverse residential population will have broad choices in jobs, housing and lifestyles. Click on the "Final Vision" link below to read more.
Reston Association Resources and Actions
In the News and Announcements
- Master Plan, Metro To Make Progress in 2012 (The Connection, Jan. 5, 2012)
- Reston Master Plan Special Study Phase 2 Information Meeting, Nov. 16, 2011
- Master Plan Study Kicks Off (The Connection, Dec. 8, 2010)
- Community Forum- Feb. 27, 2010
- Comstock Gets Rights to Build Wiehle Station (Business Journal, June 2, 2009)
- Metro Rail Construction Keeps Pace (The Connection, Feb. 23, 2010)
- RA Works Out Position on Wiehle Avenue Station Development (The Connection, March 10, 2010)
- Reston, Herndon Meet Over Shared Future, (The Connection) March 3, 2010