You have exceeded your shopping time limit and your shopping cart has been emptied.
The Reston Association Board of Directors voted in favor of forming a working group to provide recommendations regarding the association’s policies on lakes, docks and boats. The group will be tasked with providing suggestions to the board about amending related governing documents.
The vote at the March 22 board meeting allows RA staff to seek candidates for the working group. Candidates will be interviewed by the Board Operations Committee in May. The board would later that month approve the selections, and the working group, with its approximately 15 members, will have until Nov. 15, 2018, to present its recommendations.
The motion to approve a working group came after three months of comments from RA members who expressed concerns about boating policies and other lake usage rules that are established in Reston’s deed and other governing documents.
The working group’s objectives are as follows:
1. Examine the number and types of boats and docks currently on each of the association’s lakes and ponds.
2. Identify any and all environmental impacts docks and boats have on the association’s lakes and ponds.
3. Hold focus groups and public meetings to obtain input from lakefront property owners as well as other RA members.
4. Review all the current governing documents on lakes, docks and boats.
5. Recommend amendments to the governing documents.
6. Identify the impact of RA rules on lakes, docks, and boats on the lakeside property owners’ use of their properties.
7. Identify enforcement issues, especially from the perspective of lakeside property owners and RA staff.
8. Recommend a plan for possible amendments to the governing documents that best resolve issues in objectives 1-7.
RA members who are interested in joining the working group should email firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30.
To watch a video recording of the entire March 22 meeting, click here.